Thursday, April 2, 2015

Music gives you Wings

I love writing while listening to music, always stimulates some emotions.
It brings out those emotions you keep buried, so what better method for a writer with a case of writers block.
Music itself is a form writing, just sung to a rhythm.

 
Mu·sic
ˈmyo͞ozik/
noun

Vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.




There's just something about a beat that can change your whole mood. It's like being in a bad break-up. You start listening to music to help relieve the stress, or more importantly the pain. I personally do it every time something bothers me. My last break up was clean cut, no ties to him left, but pretty much same time I started to listening to Sam Smith "I'm not the only one". Because his voice (Sams) pretty much hit home. It told my story without me having to speak about it really. A few thousand repeats later and tears of frustration, I felt a calm suddenly. And that's when I just stopped caring and moved on.

It took me literally a week to purge any remaining emotions from that break-up. Mostly because I saw it coming.. But still, doesn't mean it was heartless about it.

But during that week or purging, I pretty much enjoyed any and all music that came my way, it was like my heart opening and accepting something new.. And I really enjoyed it! I listened to artists I never heard of, to even some old school music that I hadn't heard in awhile... It was the most enjoyable week ever.

And because I took this time to open my heart and mind it brought up opportunities for me.. Like the courage to blurt out to a really hot guy that I've had a tiny crush on for awhile now that he was really cute...

if I hadn't had just heard a song about giving love a chance I might not have said it. Music promotes action. Plain  and simple. By the By, that guy is totally dating me and I couldn't more ecstatic about this new relationship..Thank you Taylor Swift "Shake it Off" and Meghan Trainor "Title", for pretty much giving me some "Balls" as people would say. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment